URGENT ACTION REQUIRED PLEASE! February 2017
Dear District Supporters
Planning application for the new HQ for 8th Ashford Scout Group.
The lease on the current site has expired and, despite protracted negotiations,
they have been unable to secure an extension of the lease.
They have been offered the opportunity to build a new HQ in the grounds of
the WR Sports Club, Woodthorpe Road, Ashford and the planning application is now
being considered by Spelthorne Borough Council.
WE NEED YOUR HELP.
We need every single supporter to make his/her views known to the
The more voices the Committee hears in support of the application the more likely
we are to succeed.
There are two ways you can make your views known to the Committee:
1) You can write your own letter to the Planning Committee.
If you do this, please give a copy to a leader so that we can track all the responses.
The address is: Head of Planning & Housing Strategy, Council Offices, Knowle Green,
Staines, TW18 1XB.
Be sure to include the planning reference number which is 17/00126/FUL
2) You can email your comments to the planning department on this email
planning reference number which is 17/00126/FUL.
It doesn’t matter which option you choose but it is vitally important that everyone
responds in some way so the Planning Committee is clear about the
future of scouting in Spelthorne.
If you are writing your own letter or sending an email you may want to include
– Your own volunteer role within scouting
– How much your child/children enjoy scouting
– The history of service that 8th Ashford has to the community 72 years
– The benefits of scouting demonstrated in our youth members
– That we really need a new facility to continue to offer scouting to the community
– That the old HQ is old, in poor condition and has insufficient space
– It would be a great use of land that is currently unused
– The new site would have lot of outside space which is perfect for scouting
– The new building would add value to the whole community
Please also circulate to – friends, family, colleagues, neighbours –
to write to Spelthorne Council in support of our application.
People don’t have to live in the area to write, so do circulate this widely.
Please, please take action on this as soon as you can.
If you have any questions please email us at this address: email@example.com
Thank you for your support.
The HQ Sub-Committee
The full submission is now available on the Spelthorne website and
can be found under the documents tab at :
http://my.spelthorne.gov.uk/planningpublisher.aspx?requesttype=parsetemplate&template=DCApplication.tmplt&basepage=planningpublisher.aspx&Filter=%5eREFVAL%5e=’17/00126/FUL’&history=c026d893ca5144ba96963bd8e95be33d This page also shows their anticipated schedule for processing the application.